Monday, March 19, 2012

Day 54 and Day 55 – West Sussex and Mother’s Day

On Saturday (Day 54) and Sunday (Day 55) I completed 12 miles with 6 very gentle and slow miles each day to nurse a right shoulder swelling and dull pain. This has been a hectic and tough few days and I am sincerely grateful to everyone for their continued support to get me through each day and to come out and join me.

Today is Mother’s Day and I took the opportunity to surprise my Mum, Angela, who was with my Grandmother today.  It was super to see my Mum and although I have previously written about the very special relationship we share, I just want to say that I wouldn’t be where I am or who I am without the love, support and help that my Mum has constantly given me.  She selflessly gives so much to everyone around her and never asks, nor expects anything in return. I am lucky to have such a wonderful Mum, and never a day goes by that I am not thankful for her in my life. I love her unequivocally today of all days, and just want to say thank you for giving me the strength to live the life I have.

1592 miles to go. 
Best wishes, 

Phil