Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Day 198 - Dalkeith Park, Midlothian with Brownies, Guides, Cubs, Scouts and Cadets











Today was an absolutely fantastic experience for me.


The day started at Dalkeith Park http://www.dalkeithcountryestate.com/ in Midlothian where I was joined by local Brownies, Guides, Cubs, Scouts and Cadets. The grounds of Dalkeith Park are absolutely stunning and it gave me the opportunity to spend the morning talking to the young people who had taken the time to support my BRIT walk.

With Brownies, Guides, Cubs, Scouts & Cadets at Dalkeith Park, Midlothian on day 198 of my BRIT 2012 mile walk


This was the first time I have been joined by Brownies and Girl Guides and I spent time listening to the Guides about Girl Guiding and all the super activities they participate in. For more information on Girl Guiding, please follow this link; http://www.girlguiding.org.uk/home.aspx

Being presented with a Girl Guides badge by the young girls who walked with me on Day 198 of my BRIT 2012 mile walk

At the end of my walk in Dalkeith Park I was honoured to be presented with a Girl Guides badge by the young girls who I had walked with.


It was also a great opportunity to spend more time with Scouts and I am learning more and more about this tremendous organisation as I meet Scouts throughout Great Britain on my walk. For more information on opportunities to join or to volunteer, please follow the link; http://scouts.org.uk/
With the Scouts who supported me in Midlothian on Day 198 of my BRIT 2012 mile walk

It was a thoroughly enjoyable morning and I am grateful to the Scout Leaders for coordinating the walk for me in Midlothian.

Having a break at Dalkeith park, Midlothian on Day 198 of my BRIT 2012 mile walk


With best wishes,

Phil