Thursday, May 24, 2012

Day 114 & Day 115 - A thank you to Rudding Park and walking in West Sussex

Rudding Park
Last Wednesday, the 114th day of my BRIT 2012 Mile walk, I left the North of England for West Sussex. My three days in Harrogate, York and Skipton were educational, at times emotional and thoroughly enjoyable. The warmth and hospitality I receive on the road continues to amaze me and over the last three days I have been looked after by the staff of the Rudding Park Hotel http://www.ruddingpark.co.uk/ who kindly hosted me for my time in the area.
Phil comes to Rudding Park

As you know, the BRIT 2012 Challenge has no sponsors, no costs are met by BRIT as a charity and the support I receive goes a long way.

My sincere thanks to Jennifer Burrows, and all the team at Rudding Park, for looking after me in an absolutely beautiful location.
Rudding Park Lit at Dusk

I arrived back in Sussex during the afternoon and managed to walk for the remainder of the day and finished with 1170 miles to go. When I am back in West Sussex, the results of driving so much hits me hard and on Thursday I felt absolutely exhausted. It was a day for recharging, rehydrating and sorting out my personal administration from the BRIT car to all the washing I had accumulated over the previous 10 days. I managed to walk 5 very long and tiring miles and finished the 115th day with 1165 miles to go.

Best wishes,

Phil