Sunday, May 13, 2012

Day 108 - Walking in Stockton-on-Tees at Teesside High School


Sharing an “Everything is Possible” way of thinking, I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to Teesside High School which is a lively and dynamic independent School for girls and boys from ages 3 to 18 situated in 19 acres of beautiful wooded grounds on the banks of the River Tees. I completed my 4 miles by walking around the playing fields, tennis and netball courts, a nature trail and an orienteering course.

With young people from Teesside High School (Primary School)


Teesside High School aims to guide its pupils through a friendly but challenging environment to a successful future.














With the very young people from Teesside School






Children are able to join from 3 years old and develop through the school into independent young adults in the Sixth Form.










What I was very interested to learn more about was that the school is unique in pioneering the ‘Diamond’ system of education, where boys and girls are taught separately at crucial stages, but are able to be together at break times and for extra-curricular activities. Although well established in other parts of Great Britain, Teesside High is the only school locally that has embraced this scheme. They provide opportunities for girls and boys to learn separately with their own preferred learning styles as well as to develop socially.

Dame Tanni Grey-Thompson DBE


I was also able to visit the Preparatory School Atrium that was opened by Dame Tanni Grey-Thompson DBE in 2009. Dame Tanni has been a great friend and supporter of the British Inspiration Trust and I and it was a pleasure for me to meet Dame Tanni’s daughter during my visit to the school.






After a very wet and cold day of walking, I finished the day with 1204 miles to go.

With best wishes,

Phil